A year in Nagasaki

A desription of my final preparations during august and the fun time in Amsterdam during that time up to my year at the university of Nagasaki from the 1st october 2005 thru august 2006. Together with 9 other students from the University of Leiden, Holland, we are on an extra-curricular year to improve our conversational skills. Will it work ??

Monday, November 14

Fire drill and Dancing

Last saturday we had a morning filled with fire drill activities starting at 10.00 am. There was a mock fire on the 2nd floor and everybody had to be evacuated. I think it was more a drill for the fire department itself then for us..since all we did was look on . Afterwards though we received instructions on how to put out a fire with an extinguisher as well as a fire in a pan in the kitchen using a wet cloth and making sure that it was neatly tied in a bow in the front..very japanese ....presentation (even in emergencies) is everything ! Also had to learn how to give first aid and revive the moribund (like I haven't tried that before) with mouth to mouth resuscitation, giving electro shocks and shouting.............don't give up on me now, damn it.!
I think I'm on my way to become a big star in Japan real soon.
Saturdaynight is party night...so Alexandra and I dolled ourselves up to the max and off we went to a club called "Jah rules". I think Jah is the name of the owner, a black guy, who has this cute place where the beer is 500 yen (no cover charge) and where some expats and local Japanese who want to meet foreigners, go. Met nice people and danced for the first time till late.....well late...we were home just after 02.00 am..
Alexandra's boyfriend, Christoph will come next saturday and stay for a month so she is thrilled to bits, as one can imagine.......
Only three days of lectures this week as we have thursday thru sunday off. I'm off to Tokyo to see Bram, another dutch student from Leiden who is studying at Waseda University, Shigemi, a Japanese friend I met in Kobe last July and a friend of Teru in Osaka, and also Damion, an american guy living in Tokyo. Should be fun and I will keep you posted.
A new sidetable to store books and put pretty things on was delivered on Sunday..and it does give the room a more elegant feel..more befitting the environment I'm like soooo accustomed too.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Toch nog een vrouw onder je......Voor de eenzame nachten....

    ;-)) Martin en Walter

     
  • At 11:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The doll looks more like Alexandra after a heavy fight between you and her. Darling, what's your skype name, can't find anything on Karyuudo, your name or your e-mail adresses. Wanna hear your voice again!

    Peter

     

Post a Comment

<< Home