A year in Nagasaki

A desription of my final preparations during august and the fun time in Amsterdam during that time up to my year at the university of Nagasaki from the 1st october 2005 thru august 2006. Together with 9 other students from the University of Leiden, Holland, we are on an extra-curricular year to improve our conversational skills. Will it work ??

Tuesday, October 18

Make-over

First of all the view is marred by a huge green net that is to prevent birds coming in or us throwing us of the balconies in despair after a couple of months ...., who can tell.
I will try to get some stunning pictures from another part of the building next time.
There are some very big, and I mean extremely big green coloured spiders hanging in these nets .. and yes I do know they're supposed to eat musquitos etc. but I can't help feeling just a bit scared...so if I'm missing part of my face you will know what has happened.. and no I cannot afford plastic surgery here.

My room was basic , needless to say, but with a few touches it was transformed into a small but luxurious palace befitting a queen.


Please not the darkblue Obi and the handcrafted fan with the Samurai logo on it plus the delicate handwoven cloth in earthtones; all made by women who are appointed to the Imperial court no less.. Well as they say there is royalty and there is royalty !!!





Today we had or kanji-class with an extremely boring woman; she doesn't look at you and just talks for an hour and a half nonstop. Probably hasn't got much going on in her life from the looks of it. She could do with an extreme-make over!!!!

Already had a reaction concerning the picture assembly and yes, Marjan, I'm looking forward to your grandiose picture among most men friends.


Sayonara.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home