A year in Nagasaki

A desription of my final preparations during august and the fun time in Amsterdam during that time up to my year at the university of Nagasaki from the 1st october 2005 thru august 2006. Together with 9 other students from the University of Leiden, Holland, we are on an extra-curricular year to improve our conversational skills. Will it work ??

Thursday, December 1

S^%*@......

Since we do not have a person here at the University that you can really talk to about certain problems you might encounter (all the japanese speak a decidedly horrendous english anyway) a weblog is good way to blow of some steam.
The older I get the more worked up I get about people's attitudes in general and the Japanese in specific. One of the things I try to do is prepare my lessons well, learn the words and participate in class as much as possible. I'm used to discuss with a teacher if there might be a small but nonetheless important problem. So today I asked my teacher what to do since we have a test next thursday and I'm leaving for Bangkok tomorrow and won't return till next wednesday..leaving no time to do any studying.
This wouldn't have been a problem had my teacher not postponed this test from an earlier date to next thursday cause she messed up the roster to start of with.
According to her I already had had ample time to study for this test (like I don't have any other homework to do !) so if I want to get my grade I better be there. There is no such thing as working together towards a solution here....so who knows, they might throw me out of the country for failing a test...You know me, not one prone to exageration in any way! I got so fed up that I just left her standing there yapping away in japanese.
We read about how important the link is between a healthy body and a healthy, cheerful mind all the time...but for some reason they have a enormous aptitude here to do anything possible as to disrupt that link.
The good thing is you learn not to speak anymore to any of these teachers about anything at all...just do your thing and let whatever happens be their problem...... Won't participate in any of the so called "fun get togethers" organised by this institute anymore either.... I've just about had it up till here...!!
At the moment I have a bad connection here cause the internet modem isn't strong enough...we're getting a new (more expensive) router so there shoudn't be anymore trouble.
Had the chance to Skype with Peter in Amsterdam for a while ....great, but with Paul in Islamabad the connex just wasn't there. Hopefully it will be fixed after the weekend.
By the way .....my Skype name is : karyuudo.....so download it and we'll talk !!
Anyway I will enjoy the coming week in Bangkok, doing the things I like most....lying by the pool, having a G&T or another grand concoction, hang out with friends and my man and do major shopping.
Goodbye japan.......

1 Comments:

  • At 9:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Let off steam!!! Nuke the bastards, that's what I say. Or did someone do that before? Obviously did no good. They should have been more thorough. Just ask the old cow if she has a venereal disease. Even I know how to ask that. If she says no ask her if she'd like one.
    Can't stand cows like that. I'm sure you shall rise above it all. A very large G&T or that other marvellous spirit raiser, a MaiTai, will do the trick. Especially if you're by a pool in BKK with Poppins. In the words of the song "Things can only get better"
    Has been very wintry here and now I hear the Gulf Stream is slowing down and the UK is going to get colder over the coming years. What happened to global warming!!! I was looking forward to that. You know me - any excuse to wear shorts. Right I must get back to work.
    Don't let the bastards grind you down. In any situation just ask yourself "What would the Queen Mother have done?" and then do exactly the opposite.
    Take care, Chris xxx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home