A year in Nagasaki

A desription of my final preparations during august and the fun time in Amsterdam during that time up to my year at the university of Nagasaki from the 1st october 2005 thru august 2006. Together with 9 other students from the University of Leiden, Holland, we are on an extra-curricular year to improve our conversational skills. Will it work ??

Friday, September 30

Arrived.......

After almost 22 hours on the road I have arrived in Nagasaki 長崎. With Lufthansa from Amsterdam to Frankfurt, onto Kansai International airport (Osaka airport) in business class, very nice indeed, and on with a domestic flight to Fukuoka. Then another 2 1/2 hours by highway bus to Nagasaki and....yes there are lots of palmtrees, very green environment and it's hot...!!! IJey (aka Ilya) picked me up from the busstation and took me to the hotel.
Since it's a 'business hotel' you cannot check-in before 4 pm. So to while away this half hour before crashing, I'm checking my email and updating my Blog. Will have beer and dinner tonight...need it!!
Tomorrow Bart, Colin, Rob and I will meet up in front of Nagasaki Station at 10.30 to go the University.
Plenty of things still to do...register with the police, get a bank account, get a multiple entry visa and most important a mobile phone, 携帯電話.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:22 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ha die Paul,

    Hoe kom ik aan dat IME gedoe, zodat ik de characters kan lezen ?
    Blij dat je goed gereisd hebt, succes met de regelklussen.

    x Dick

     

Post a Comment

<< Home