A year in Nagasaki

A desription of my final preparations during august and the fun time in Amsterdam during that time up to my year at the university of Nagasaki from the 1st october 2005 thru august 2006. Together with 9 other students from the University of Leiden, Holland, we are on an extra-curricular year to improve our conversational skills. Will it work ??

Thursday, December 8

Back again...

After a horrendous flight (fuller than full) flight from Bangkok to Fukuoka airport, metro to Hakata station, Highway-bus to Nagasaki station, streetcar to Iwayabashi stop and a twenty minute walk to the international student house...I'm home again. And it is sodding freezing here (whaddaya mean subtropical!!).
Had apparently something wrong to eat on our last night in Bangkok with David and Scottie (two australian friends who been living there now for about 8 years) since my bowls seriously protested (already during the flight) and on top of that I developed a fever.....
So in the end couldn't go to the test this morning ( and I did work for it in Bangkok)..wonder if we get another chance.
It seems that my tutor Aki reads my blog as well since I got an email in which she expressed her concerns about my well being. Ain't that just the sweetest!
Thanks to Colin, who downloaded it, I was able to watch an an episode of Stargate Atlantis, the second series, with cutie Joe Flanigan.>>>>>
As soon as the other 11 episodes are downloaded I will be having a marathon session......fabulous.
Will stay in bed for the rest of the day with hot tea and good old dutch 'stroopwafels'. Already finished a 'Taai-taai pop" that Rianne had send me (amongst other things)...trying to gain a little more weight here.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Get Well Soon!!! Dodgy Thai food. Probably worth the risk though. I do love Thai food. Hope the one that reads your blogs isn't the nasty cow I mentioned in my previous missive. I'm all embarassed now. I'll get over it though. OK - over it. How in heaven's name did you get stroopwaffels in BKK. Who brought them for you? Not that I'm one to gloat - but it's about time you had some bad weather. I'm suffering here. Rain, cold dark days. Things start to improve after the 21st so there is hope ahead. I have you booked in for a lunch visit on the 3rd of January so clear the diary. Plan to land at about 11.00 and take the 21.15 flight back so plenty time for a bit of lunch and a catchup chat. I'm really looking forward to seeing you. Right - back to work. Take care and put on some weight. Loads of warming noodles will do the trick.
    Cheers, Chris xxx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home