A year in Nagasaki

A desription of my final preparations during august and the fun time in Amsterdam during that time up to my year at the university of Nagasaki from the 1st october 2005 thru august 2006. Together with 9 other students from the University of Leiden, Holland, we are on an extra-curricular year to improve our conversational skills. Will it work ??

Friday, July 28

Mahalo nui loa

.
Some things you can get addicted to and the one thing that I really love in Japan is miso, the fermented soy bean paste that is used in soups.
I had to stop in to a ramen shop to get a bowl of miso ramen plus several toppings and to make it a little more spicy I added karashi miso (Also fermented soy paste but with chillies) Loved it.
Today is our last day in Honolulu and we’re flying out at 4.15 pm. on the friendly skies of United to Chicago and from there on to Montreal for the Outgames 2006.
Had to say goodbye to Hula’s and all the pretty and not so pretty boys.
Just as to show how it is situated I took this picture of Hula’s from the park across.
Mahalo and see ya’ll in Montreal

1 Comments:

  • At 12:51 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I will always remember the Western Airlines (that dates me) flight attendant welcoming me to Honolulu with the words "Aloha and Mahalo". Never did quite get the accurate translation but he looked happy and friendly. I hope you have the best time in Montreal. Did you eventually find an apartment there? You'll find yourself so at home with all those french Canadians. Remember rule 1 - if you don't know the french word use the English one with a french accent. It's 100 per cent guaranteed to work. If I remember rightly you can't fall over in Montreal without hitting a stripper. Ubiquitous would be my mot du jour to describe them but maybe times have changed. I do hope not because they were rather funny - not sexy at all - especially as they gather up their knickers and socks after their performances. All part of the ambience (french word) Have a bon temps et a bientot!
    Can't get accents to work on this!
    C xxx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home