A year in Nagasaki

A desription of my final preparations during august and the fun time in Amsterdam during that time up to my year at the university of Nagasaki from the 1st october 2005 thru august 2006. Together with 9 other students from the University of Leiden, Holland, we are on an extra-curricular year to improve our conversational skills. Will it work ??

Tuesday, January 24

Spring is in the air.....

Today I received a symbolic broom called hóki 箒, from Aki. One that will reap in luck and good fortune for the coming year...and god knows I do need it..... You keep them in the house and next year on the 3rd January you bring it to a shrine to be burned and...you've guessed it, get another one.
The sun is shining brightly and I've started out to create my own , be it a little one, garden with herbs (coriander, spearmint and basil) and one actual plant, the Pointsettia left over from the X-mas period. I even got a doghouse with dog ( 可愛いね ) to guard the seedlings from...whatever it needs to be protected from. Lovely isn't it?

1 Comments:

  • At 11:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Symbolic Broom!!! Hoki!!! I think they mean Hokum! Not sure how to tell you this but I think they're trying to tell you you're a witch.
    Could be a ploy from the broom makers to keep themselves in business.
    Love the garden. Very bonsai. Hope you don't freeze your nuts off. It's chilly here to say the least.
    Blog soon
    Chris xxx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home