A year in Nagasaki

A desription of my final preparations during august and the fun time in Amsterdam during that time up to my year at the university of Nagasaki from the 1st october 2005 thru august 2006. Together with 9 other students from the University of Leiden, Holland, we are on an extra-curricular year to improve our conversational skills. Will it work ??

Thursday, January 12

In bed with the doctor......

The sun is shining and it's fab 18 degrees and I'm in bed with a severe cold. Started with a sore throat and an inability to speak (to many people's delight) but now I'm sneezing and coughing away like a madman. Poor me! Did get cough drops and things to suck on but no it's not a good feeling.
I think going out with Saul last night for dinner wasn't the right thing to do either. Bundled up we met at the station and had a delightful dinner. Very pleasant guy who at around 65 decided to accept a job here in Nagasaki as a teamleader for the department of tropical and infectious diseases at the University, leaving comfy Washington DC behind for a more austere way of life.
Going to go back to bed now....will keep you posted..

1 Comments:

  • At 11:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    One has to suffer for ones pleasures. It's a fact of life so they tell me. Poor Paul. Well at least you have the murderously expensive duvet to snuggle up under and if my calculations are correct you miss out on your lesson with Tokyo Rose. So it's not all bad. While the journey back to Japan was certainly long you give the impression it wasn't as bad as the one to Amsterdam way back in December. Needless to say my little hop from dear old AMS to LHR was trouble free and quick, if a little delayed. Well with BA you grow to expect it. Every flight bar one that I've taken with them in 2005 has been late but their statistics say they have a 95% on time performance. I can't believe I'm that so unlucky that only 5% of my trips are on time. As they say of statistics "They are like bikinis. What they reveal is enticing but what they conceal is vital." Perhaps calvins rather than bikinis would be more appropriate considering our proclivities.
    Right I must get back to work. Dean is well and happy swabbing knobs at the clap clinic and I'm still trying to find jobs for nurses. Take care Paul. Miss ya. Chris xxx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home