A year in Nagasaki

A desription of my final preparations during august and the fun time in Amsterdam during that time up to my year at the university of Nagasaki from the 1st october 2005 thru august 2006. Together with 9 other students from the University of Leiden, Holland, we are on an extra-curricular year to improve our conversational skills. Will it work ??

Monday, February 6

Mea culpa, mea culpa,mea maxima culpa !!

.

Since guilt is a major human characteristic (nurture or nature?) it's no big news that I too suffer from this infliction. I do feel guilty about not updating my blog for almost a week with no other reason than A) laziness to start off with and B) having to study too damn hard to sit the exams tomorrow and the day after. I have spend the last days from morning till evening in the university library 図書館 together with tons of other people who study there, eat there (although prohibited) and sleep there (national passtime so it seems).
I processed more than 300 Kanji (chinese characters) and I'm curious how many will stick in my mind for the test tomorrow.....they usually don't, so we'll see.

Spend another nice evening with Ruud, Alex and Annette & Jesse (two americans who study here at the university) at the Chinese Lantern Festival last thursday with all the lanterns lit up and we dressed up in chinese garb for the occassion.
Pretty in Red and Blue.

P.S.
My Arts Professor, Matthi Forrer, from Leiden is in town and Alex and I will meet him next wednesday.
Will be fun.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ..te absolvo, in nomine patri etc. etc. etc.
    Well it's good to know you're well in spite of vile exams. You look so sweet in Chinese gear. I'm sure Prince Phillip would have some apposite comment. Probably insulting to a whole country at the very least. Not much to tell here. Slogging away at work and such things. Valentine's day next Tuesday so I've had the letter box widened in anticipation of the deluge of cards. I'm sure you are taking the same precautions. Just wonder if I have enough vases for all the flowers I just know are going to arrive.
    Right back to work. Good luck with the Kanji. Any language where you have to count the number of strokes in a symbol before you look it up in a dictionary is on it's way out as far as I can see. Cheers
    Chris

     
  • At 1:34 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    To you Paul, and the others, give those examinations your best shot and enjoy the vacation afterwards.
    Greetings from Leiden
    Raymond, third-year student of Japanese

     

Post a Comment

<< Home