A year in Nagasaki

A desription of my final preparations during august and the fun time in Amsterdam during that time up to my year at the university of Nagasaki from the 1st october 2005 thru august 2006. Together with 9 other students from the University of Leiden, Holland, we are on an extra-curricular year to improve our conversational skills. Will it work ??

Sunday, April 30

Full House

.
My apologies for causing some of you anxieties and withdrawal symptoms by not keeping my weblog up to date. It's been more than 10 days and that really has been the longest ever. Never realized how many do read my weblog.
Thank you all for the mails expressing concern about my well-being and yes I'm OK Just didn't have anything interesting to say. I know that sounds odd coming from a person who thinks that he always has something (interesting) to say......

Left friday for Fukuoka to pick up Paul on saturday morning at 08.00 at the airport and arrived just in time. After a delightful train journey arrived here at around 11.15 and met Pim's Dad, Peter Paul, on the way to the dorm. Bart and Gijs' family are arriving today too and they will go on a tour of Japan next thursday.
Paul Janssen, being Paul Janssen, decided that since it was Queen's day the room needed decorating with small flags !!!

This weekend is "Tall Ships Weekend" here and basically it is a smaller version of Sail 2005 in Amsterdam. But some great Japanese ships are here like the Nihon Maru 日本丸 and the Kaiwo Maru 海王丸 . They are all lit up so perfect for pictures. Alex asked for a free poster which is now our one and only decoration in the living room of appartment 501.

Organized dinner for my friends in Nagasaki in an area called Shianbashi, the redlight district here full with wonderfull places to eat, . Once again a "Nomihodai", drink all you can with food thrown in as well. Great but just a little too much to drink, I'm afraid.
Just for your info from left to right.: Yang Xiang a.k.a. Shanghai Tony, Akitaka and Mai from Nagasaki, Alex, Diana and her new love, Mitch, Saul from DC and Aki (my tutor) from Nagasaki.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home